Hi Jan,

> The flashing is up to and including the pixel which has the flash bit on
> to turn flash off.

Thanks for this precise info!

> I've tested this on a real QL and it looks like the blink frequency is
> 16/50th of a second which is a bit slower than the software-generated
> blinking of the window's cursor (12/50th second). So a complete blink
> cycle will be 32/50th second.

Thanks. I just measured exactly the same with a stop watch.

I alread have a hardware implementation now. Not just as easy when a
pixel really consists of 12 pixels...

I just noticed the work was in vain, because SMSQ/E does not seem to
support FLASH in MODE 8. At least not if I test with SBASIC.

All the best
Peter