I have delved into video conversion and signal processing in some detail
for the QL, I have a few questions about the original signal:

What are the frames per second and number of lines in the image?
What 'legal' signal is it most similar to?
Is it possible to alter the frame rate, and/or to supply a pixel clock
signal? This could open up the option of DVI conversion. (I have never
owned a QX0 and don't know if it uses a card or custom logic.)

I'm just trying to understand the problem and why the LCD monitor won't
sync the nonstandard signal. If it's just one aspect of the signal it may
be easily fixable and retain full screen display. If there are multiple
elements to the problem, then not. Having access to the pixel clock and
being able to manipulate the frame rate to 30 FPS - or even better 60FPS -
 would be extremely useful.

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Wolf via Ql-Users <ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> > I have developed an alternative video controller for Q40 and Q60:
>

> I've been testing this for a few months now. At last I can use the Q60
> with a more modern flatscreen with VGA and 1024*768 resolution.
>
> The image is correctly displayed, but the bottom third of the monitor
> remains black (since the Q60 y resolution is 512 pixels, not 768).
>
> Kudos to Peter for making this work.
>
> Wolfgang
>

> On 01/05/2018 11:34, Peter Graf via Ql-Users wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have developed an alternative video controller for Q40 and Q60:
>>
>> http://qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2434
>>
>> All the best
>> Peter

Dave Park