I tried it on QPC2. I can see that the red and green components of the
colour block are one pixel to the right of the blue component. If the
inner block is drawn white, you get a thin strip (one pixel?) of blue
on the left and the same of yellow (=red+green) on the right hand
side. Choosing other colours for the inner block shows how the
different colour pixels are drawn offset.

I haven't got a BBQL set up to try it, but the effect doesn't happen
on QemuLator v3.3.1 with a JS ROM image.

Dilwyn