On 10 Nov 2020 at 20:21, Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users wrote:

> I wrote a music player for the old Amiga MOD file format. Head over
> https://www.kilgus.net/smsqe/modplay/ for the details.

I forgot the exact percentage of CPU overhead by the 20 kHz
interrupt of the Q40, but I tested it below 10% at design time.
Otherwise I'd not have simplified the design that way. It's unlikely
that Tony Tebby implemented sound less efficiently than myself, so
probably the 68040 is simply too slow for Mr. Del Nero's routines.
Didn't have time to really look, but if the rest of his code is
similarly efficient as his memcopy, that's no surprise.

Qsplayer also was a C program using the sampled sound system.

Peter