On 29-04-2021 19:45, Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users wrote:
An update on the progress of the external QL-SD variant:

https://www.kilgus.net/2021/04/29/ql-sd-rom-tiny/

Hi Marcel,

Based on your excellent blog post about the (S)GC boot process (https://www.kilgus.net/2018/11/14/supergoldcard-boot-sequence/), I managed to write a boot loader for custom QL ROMs using a (Super)Gold Card. Turned out that the lower 48K RAM of the (S)GC isn't as write-protected as we thought! This way you can change ROMs on the QL without even having to open the case. Of course, this will need a (S)GC unlike your solution and it provides no mass storage. I still like the idea of QL-SD as floppies are too limited and getting unreliable as they age, and using a Q68 as QLnet file server is quite slow.

The code for the boot loader is on my GitHub page: https://github.com/janbredenbeek/QL-Customboot

Cheers, Jan.

--
Jan Bredenbeek | Hilversum, NL | j...@bredenbeek.net