In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, henk
verbeek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>    Hello,
>
>    Does anyone know something about the merlin tonto personel computer
>    ? It is said its a ql clone but i cannot find much about it. Is it
>    fully compatible with the standard ql?
Only that I heard that 'tonto' means stupid in Spanish so it never took
off there. I believe it was similar, if not identical to, the 'One Per
Desk' machine produced by BT. We had one of these at a Sound Company I
worked for. It was not a QL clone but it did use microdrives and had a
version of the PSION four software built in. It also had a telephone and
a rudimentary digital answering machine. This entailed picking works
words from a list which a 'Stephen Hawkin' voice spoke out. We tried to
put 'have a nice day onto it' but it did not have the word 'nice'. In
deference to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy I changed it to 'Have
a Thursday'

For those you who don't know when Arthur Dent is totally confused he
says 'This must be Thursday - I never could get the hang of Thursdays'

Read the book
--

Roy Wood
Q Branch