Peter,
Thanks for all that info.  Looks like I will have to get Linux running
for the time being then, when I can free up a bigger disk from another
machine; as you said, time is short - list of jobs long.  I think I
have an old Novell card in the loft, I will check it out.

By the way, I believe there is a disk size limitation of 4Gb.  If this
is true, is it a partition limit or disk limit, and is it the operating
system, or Q40 hardware that imposes it?

cheers,
Ian.

related financial instruments.