At 10:21 рм 29/6/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:38 AM 6/29/2001 +0100, Norman wrote:
>>Just to take off at a tangent, how about an open source (type) project to
>>build a new Operating System for ALL the QLs/compatibles/emulators out thare
>>to use.
>
>An interesting idea, Norman.  There are some pluses and some minuses:
>
>    + Good way to expand our knowledge of QDOS
>    + Possible way to get additional features
>
>    - More fractionalizing of QDOS community (QDOS, Minerva, SMSQ, etc.)
>
>If this was to go forward, there are two ways to go:
>    - QDOS Classic   (should be able to use in North America)
>    - Minerva (if ever publicly released)
>
>An organization similar to what Linux is using could be setup to keep the
>project running smoothly.  We do have a number of experts (outside of Tony
>Tebby) that might be willing to contribute to the project.  I'd be willing
>to help on the documentation side (so that I could learn QDOS better).
>
>There might need to be some work to replace some commercial parts of QDOS
>that have become integrated in QDOS (PE), or some arrangement worked out,
>or an assumption that they will stay commercial.
>
>Anyone willing to step up and play project leader?
>
>Tim Swenson

A-HA! Here we go again...... :-)
A quick look back about 2-3 years ago on this mailing list will reveal that
the discussion was made over and over again.... :-) Lots of flaming on that
one....
To say it once more... (and hoping this time around the idea is more ripe)
I firmly believe this is the best way to support, enhance and even spread
QDOS compatible systems.

Phoebus