On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 01:24:16AM -0400, ZN wrote:

[snip]

> I wonder if dual channel IDE controllers are supported on the Q40, if so,
> that may solve your problem, you could have all the devices hooked up
> permanently.

both SMSQ and Linux support at least 2 IDE controllers, I use 2 of them
right now.
If you are looking for dual controllers, avoid those that claim to solve
all your problems with disks larger than xx MB or have any BIOS onboard
unless it can be safely switched off.
Those typically require a special BIOS initialisation before they start
working.. you would have to run Conqueror from floppy to init the HD.

Bye
Richard