>The pile of egg/bacon at the Eindhoven motel - a good 9 inches high.
>How come he did not f**t all day (8-)#

He was, err, discrete about it.

I remember an incident at an Indian restaurant when he and John Norton
had a 'discussion' about something. Freddy ordered a dish of chillies
and managed to slip them into John's curry when he wasn't looking.
John requested a fire extinguisher soon after.

>Bus load of suspicious IRA looking people in a Transit on the way
back
>from Eindhoven.  I was happily joking with quite a dishy customs lady
>about the bomb making equipment in my electrical toolbox.  Freddy
>marches up and announces (in his humorous way that we all knew) "You
>have no right to do all this to him".  Nice friendly lady turns into
>'real' customs officer.

Freddy could manage this quite often. It happened to me in a hotel
where there was a minor dispute about a deposit payment with which I
was
doing quite nicely with thank you. Freddy behind me in the queue
intervened (not sure if he was trying to help or just p***ed off with
the holdup) and it ended up taking twice as long.

Do you remember the incident at that hotel in Eindhoven where the
breakfast staff managed to put something on fire and were trying to
extinguish it, and Freddy went to show them how!?!?

(For anyone who has never been to a QL show this is all part of the
fun...hilarity...tragedy (Jochen Merz doing a kamokaze dive down a
Brighton hotel steps for example)...the strip searches on Darren
Branagh's suspiciously large and heavy suitcase full of just about
everythign a terrorist could want...more food than ever now that we
don't see that much of Freddy and Stuart Honeyball - the only guy who
stood a chance of matching Freddy in that department!)

>What have I forgotten?
>
>Life is so much quieter without him.

Makes it sound like we hated poor Freddy. Of course we didn't, but
life isn't quite the same now he doesn't attend these shows!

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]