Phoebus R. Dokos wrote:
>Hello again and thanks for everyone that responded to my previous
question.
>The question now is:
>Is it possible to place the text cursor ABSOLUTELY according to a
given
>window or the screen (that is without using @#!@$~~!@## SCALE)????

For a given window, simply use CURSOR #channel,x,y
This positions the cursor like AT #channel,y,x (note reversed x,y
values, and use of PIXELS rather than character squares)

A second version of CURSOR is very useful, since it allows you to
specify text to be placed using graphics co-ordinates and offset by a
given number of pixels. This lets you place text using the same
co-ordinates as LINE, POINT, ARC, CIRCLE etc. So if you are using
SCALE to create graphics, this is the best way to ensure text and
graphics are placed in the same positions.

CURSOR #channel,x,y,x_offset,y_offset

If you have a POINT 50,50: LINE TO 100,100 then CURSOR
#channel,50,50,0,0:PRINT"Text" would position text at the 50,50 point.
To avoid overwriting the point, move the text a few pixels with
something like CURSOR #channel,50,50,10,10:PRINT"Text"

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, hope it helps anyway. One
final point - this version of cursor does not always work in
SuperBASIC on Sinclair ROMs. I think Turbo and QLiberator compile this
and fix the problem and it's also fixed in SBASIC (not sure about
Minerva BASIC)

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]