>Who is (was) "Angelas Holiday" ?

>>The PM ROM came after FB, but before AH ("Angelas Holiday") and
>>JM.  See http://www.uni-mainz.de/~roklein/ql/Firmware for
>>details...

This is the infamous Sinclair naming conventions for the ROMs. They
were named after personnel or events happening at Sinclair at the
time, almost like code names. The JM ROM for example was IIRC named
after one of their engineers, John Matthieson. There were even
rumours, though I doubt true, that they were named after initials of
taxi drivers who visited Sinclair!

FB and PM ROMs mentioned here are rather obsolete Sinclair ROMs which
were not stable enough to use really. The AH and JM ROMs were the
first stable ROMs, followed by the JS and MG ROMs. Between the JM and
JS ROMs came a rare ROM version called TB. These are available for
download (outside USA/Canada only) on my website along with some other
novelties like the Tyche ROM. If anyone has an image of FB or PM ROM I
could have to add to the collection (and Phoebus/Stavros, I'd still
like a Greek QL ROM) I'd be grateful to receive them.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]