>If someone can help me will appreciated.
>I am moving all my old programs still on microdrive or
>FD to the HD of my QPC and Q40, to do this and make
>the programs working i am using the dev_use facility.
>It seems that the dev driver does not work, example :
>
>dev_use 1,win8_Games_ ---> i can see the file on dev1_
>but not use them, the command wcopy dev1_,ram1_ give
>the error not found !
>
>dev_use 1,win8_Games_Chess_ give me directory of dev1_
>empty.
>
>It is curious because it happens on QPC and Q40 in the
>same way, this means that probably i am doing
>something wrong...
>Any idea ?

If you rename the DEV driver using DEV_USE FLP, and rename the floppy
disk driver to something like FLP_USE FDK, then DIR FLP1_ will
actually list whatever you defined DEV1_ as and DIR FDK1_ will do the
same for the floppy disk, so that the floppy disk can still be used at
the same time.

The reason for doing this is that it is easier to change the name of
the DEV device than patch the software to run from DEV1_

WCOPY from a DEV is indeed fraught with possible hiccups, I try to
avoid that where possible. The files menu of QPAC2 seems to cope with
DEV though. You will probably find it easier to WCOPY WIN1_CHESS_ TO
RAM1_ (i.e use the full name).

Another way to run software which expects to run from disk is to copy
it all to RAM1_ then RAM_USE FLP:FLP_USE FDK

A general rule of thumb for running floppy disk configured software
from hard disk:

create a directory, e.g. MAKE_DIR win1_games_:MAKE_DIR
win1_games_chess_

copy the software from floppy to hard disk: WCOPY FLP1_ TO
WIN1_games_chess_

set up DEV devices: DEV_USE 1,win1_games_chess_
                    DEV_USE 2,win1_games_chess_

rename the DEV device: DEV_USE FLP

rename the floppy disk driver to allow continued use: FLP_USE FDK

After use, reset with DEV_USE DEV:FLP_USE FLP

Hope this helps.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]