On  Thu, 7 Mar 2002 at 13:50:20, Phoebus Dokos wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>At 01:48 μμ 7/3/2002, you wrote:

>>What is the specified and typical force required to actuate a key on a QL
>>keyboard? Newtons or ounces please!
>>
>>Dave
>>ql.spodmail.com
>

>Maybe an owner of the QL Service manual will be able to answer that...
Nothing anywhere near in that - it is a very sparse document.  The only
mention of the keyboard is keyboard connections.
I would think it would be much like any PC keyboard - the key pressure
is much the same.

The UK manufacturers (NFI now Polyflex it seems) might help.
I suspect they were taken over by an American company - address on web
site <URL:http://www.applegate.co.uk/elec/company/ct_4455.htm>

Last time Bill Richardson got QL membrane made by NFI, they did minimum
5000 for QL, but that was part of a Spectrum membrane job too.

--
        QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
<1stname>@<surname>,demon.co.uk  http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk