In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

>Me too :-))  I have a Sinclair TV though.... And one of the new X-1 FM
>radios he is currently selling on his website.
>
>>- I did get a ZX-81, and it was hooked from then. I wouldn't be where I am
>>today (ie Married and working with Oracle) without the ZX-81, so I've been
>>at it since about 1981-82.
>
>A bit longer than me. I went from a 16K Speccy to a 48K one via a RAM
>upgrade for my birthday in June 1984. Then to a 128K Speccy Plus, and then
>the QL. I now have ALL the speccys - 16K,48K,Plus,128K,128K+2(grey and
>black models) and the 128K+3. Also a ZX81 and recently a ZX80 which I think
>will be my pension one day... I have a collection of about 70 computers at
>home most with original boxes, manuals and cables (easy know I wasn't
>married..;-)) I'll sell them all when I'm 50 and retire.. ;-)) Orics, BBC
>b's, Electrons, Archimedes, A Sord M-5, Aquarius, Dragon 32, Commodore
>Vic-20 and 64, a PET, an Osborne, tandy TRS80, Texas Ti-499a, and loads of
>various Ataris.. loads more too. Sad, aren't I?

What a mega collector you are :-)

... which I added to with an Amstrad PPC640, when I met with Darren at
the Hove show.  The link with the QL is that the early Amstrad PC
portable, in design terms, were both conceived by the same industrial
designer.

The sequence was ZX81, Spectrum 48K, QL, Amstrad PPC640 ... the earlier
ZX80 was by someone else, as were the later variations on the Spectrum.

--
Malcolm Cadman