Hi all,

Well, I now have some semblance of a platform to do programming on - a QXL
and SMSQ.

I'm looking to catch up with you people who never left, and this means
spending yet more cash on software! (So far, this venture has cost me a
small fortune, my wife is getting worried!)

I would like to get back into things programming in SBASIC. I would like
to be able to compile my results for speed reasons, and would like to take
advantage of the current standards in menus and pointers. I don't mind if
it's free or commercial software - but I would prefer something that is
easy to use and reliable over something that's more powerful but
complicated!

What tools and utilities do you find useful? Which have the best written
manuals?

Advice please!

Dave

PS: I am moving my mailing list sub back to my other email address,
because this mailbox is slower than an unexpanded QL. Once the list
maintainer notices my subscription email ;)