Richard Zidlicky writes:

> > But if all this could be built into the EX command in a future version
of SMSQ/E, then it would be a different matter entirely...

> this would not improve much, it would still be only accessible from basic
> and not c68 programs. In SBasic you already have ways to build command
> line strings very flexibly anyway..

It could be written as an extension Thing - accessable for all. Of course,
for SB the 32k string length limit would still have to apply for it to be
transparent to existing code.

I think, on the whole, it would be more sensible for programs that expect
an unknown - possibly vast - quantity of items as in my original example,
to be more elegantly written with that in mind..

Per