I got this from Tony Firshman - it appears that he cannot post to this list
anymore and would like a discussion started in an attempt to resolve the
situation. It appears that there are others currently unable to post here
either, and are mmissing out on the open source discussions amongst other
topics.

Cheers,
Norman.

Tony's post follows :

3) ql-users spam blocking

I, like quite a number of QL people, cannot post to the group. They use
www.spews.org to establish Demon is to be blocked (or at least part of
Demon).

This is a great pity, and I personally think spam (in moderation) is
preferable to losing members of the group.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] is
not sympathetic and Demon can do nothing it seems, so I have joined the
growing list of people not part of ql-users, and I don't like it (8-(#

I want to be there - it is frustrating seeing some recent threads with
hardware misinformation which I have been unable to correct easily.

If you are a ql-user member, I would be grateful if you could start a
discussion there about this issue.  If the blocking cannot be resolved,
I think for the sake of the group, it should move elsewhere.
I am far from alone in being blocked - but of course the group only
hears if the user changes their ISP - I am not about to do that.

-------------------------------------
Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146
This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and
may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not an addressee you
must not read it and must not use any information contained in it, nor copy
it, nor inform any person other than Lynx Financial Systems or the
addressees of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email
and are not a named addressee, please delete it and notify the Lynx
Financial Systems IT Department on 0113 2892990.