Ralf Rekoendt has kindly allowed me to make the last commercial
release of S_Edit into a freeware release.

S_Edit is a comfortable and easy to use editor for plain text and
binary files. It's not pointer driven (so no competition for QD Jochen
will be glad to hear) but it's a nice simple to use editor with some
really nice features for simple text handling. I've used it myself for
several years and can recommend it especially as it's now free!

It features block handling, word wrap, binary or text editing modes
with insert and overtype, but Put, margins, space compression (remove
multiple spaces from text files which were justified for example),
merge and quite a few other useful facilities. Give it a try, it's
free for download from www.soft.net.uk/dj/software/other.html

Also on my website, the Wordscheck program is now at v1.92 thanks to
continued encouragement from Paul Merdinian. It's now been tested with
massive text files containing 225,000 DIFFERENT words and I know Paul
has an even larger wordlist on which to test it's word count
abilities!

Wordscheck is available from www.soft.net.uk/dj/software/other.html

For those who can't download such files from the web, both programs
will of course be available from my PD library service.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]