Wolfgang,
I was under the impression that Peter had acquired (ie paid) the rights to resell/modify SMSQ/E... Since D&D systems act as his agents under British (and American) Common law (which not only gives them liability but also benefits), they are entitled to distribute SMSQ/E legally. They do not have the right to sell if for any other system but only for the Qx0 of course. All this of course is true provided that Peter DOES carry the right to modify/resell/develop SMSQ/E (which I believe is true).
Even it isn't so, I do not believe that D&D would want to "hijack" the software only that there's an honest misunderstanding somewhere....

I hope :-)

(And not taking sides.... In any case I am ABSOLUTELY certain that I am not violating ANY law as my Q40 is a used one bought originally from Q-Branch... :-)

Phoebus

  • ... Fabrizio Diversi
    • ... Marcel Kilgus
  • ... Marcel Kilgus