From: "Wolfgang Lenerz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Software pirates in our midst?

> On 7 Nov 2002, at 11:53, Mike MacNamara wrote:
>

> > Do you mean that the many copies I have of SMSQ, if I don't
agree to
> > be bound a a new imposed license, are illegal. That can't be
right, I
> > have bought an item, and must surely be able to continue
using it,
> > while still being entitled to expect it is repaired or
updated under
> > warranty, ( sale of goods acts)
> Ooops, again I seem to have been unclear.
> snip>

> > If the Grafs have purchased a
> > license to use SMSQ with Q40/60, then surely they must get
SMSQ/E that
> > works with that platform,
>
> I get a Q40 quite some time ago - it had a working copy iof the
OS
> in it, that did everything it was advertised as doing.

As did I, from Qbranch, but was the code 'debugged' or 'repaired'
minor or otherwise?. It must have been if Q40/60 won't operate
without it, That makes us both pirates, and poor Roy a criminal
as well.

> > if not, then they have been sold something
> > unsuitable for the purpose it was purchased. Sorry to labour
the
> > point, not only I, but hundreds of others, have purchased
multiple
> > copies of SMSQ/E with various bits and bobs over many years.
Don't
> > tell me now that the copies Roy Wood sells of SMSQ Gold which
has been
> > altered (not just repaired) is illegal, and that I am a
pirate.

> Roy Wood asked to become a reseller and he is one.
> No probllem there.

Hmmm.. SMSQ.Gold , by a non registered person, was long before a
new license, was it 'unofficial' ???

regards

Mike