----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 3:54 AM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Software pirates in our midst?

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, dndsystems1 wrote:
>
> > You cannot be serious, man. We have a contracted agreement with
Quanta
> > to supply complete working motherboards as a minimum and that
includes
> > some kind of O/S, as we have stuck rigidly to the contract
conditions
> > the answer is er... no! Quanta have in effect granted us overdraft
> > facilities so we never go into the red at D&D and can afford to
invest
> > in massive hardware projects like er... oh yes, the Q60. If your
CPU
> > is any good? you might be able to sell it to Peter Graf who could
> > supply it to us and we could sell it to you :-)
>
> Hehehe :o)
>
> Sounds kinda contorted. Does this mean you're not allowed to sell
spares?
> If someone's Q60 breaks and it's outside the warranty period, do
they have
> to buy a whole new Q60?

GO WRONG ! you cannot be serious, man! The Q60 is very, very robust
and very repairable, no sweat. It is designed so that you cannot lose
all of it. If you crushed half of it we could re-use the bits on the
other half, good thinking design-wise. Spares: off the shelf but of
course dusty.

> > I have lost a complete evenings work messing about with is silly
email
> > stuff instead of working.
>
> I know how it goes. I have lost about 2 hours of ARM/E development
time in
> the process of spitting fire at the unpolitik of it all!
>
> Dave

Dennis - D&D Systems