On 7 Nov 2002, at 17:07, Dave P wrote:

(different possibilities on different machines)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but, obviously it is something.

I distinctly seem to remember that, as long as something is useful
only for one machine, I see no problem in putting it in the code for
that machine.

COnversely, it does without saying that machines that don't have a
facility (your example of mdvs is great) then they don't have it - Q60
or the Atari don't have mdv code and why should they?

On the other hand, if some new functionality exists for a machine
which can be useful for other platforms, why exclude it?

Wolfgang
  • ... Peter Graf
  • ... Richard Zidlicky
  • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος