On  Thu, 14 Nov 2002 at 22:53:49, Robert Newson wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

Dilwyn Jones wrote:

A help request from a user trying to run an old game on QemuLator.
Anyone able to help - in the hope he might register his copy if he
gets it to work! (I had a brief look and couldn't solve it)
Dilwyn Jones
----- Original Message -----
From: John Leifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 7:04 AM
Subject: QL games

Dilwyn

Years ago I used to own 2 Sinclair QL's and like a fool I parted
with them.

My wife used to love playing the Breakout game that was included in
the supplied microdrive cartridge.

As a "gift" for her I am trying to set up on my PC a QL emulator
running Breakout.

I am using the QEmuLator package (currently unregistered until I am
surethat it will work).

Having downloaded the games (both in the microdrive and floppy
version) via your web site I find that when I run Pirate, Gun

or Breakout the game crashes out with the following error

messages:

Pirate

At line 400;2
Bad parameter

400 If n=1 THEN EXEC_W mdv1_tre1

Gun

At line 410;2
Bad parameter

410 If n=3 THEN EXEC_W mdv1_gun1

Breakout

At line 130;2
Not found

130 v=RESPR(6144):LBYTES mdv1_mc,v

I have no programming skills and therefore am unable even to begin

to resolve the problem.

Can you help?

Regards
John Leifer

Looks to me like it can't find 'mdv1_'. I haven't used QEmuLator so can give no help in configuring this...anyone know how to configure where to locate 'mdv1_'?
It is pre-configured and flp and mdv are the same. The default is mdv1/flp1 == a: , but this can be changed by the user.

The exec_w would give 'not found' if it hadn't read the disk.

For the exec_w commands, that looks like the files are found but not execable.

I assume they were zipped into one file.
You will need to unzip under qemulator otherwise they will lose the exec header.

The last one though certainly looks like 'mc' is not there. If there was a disk error, you would get 'bad or changed medium'

dir mdv1_ will tell you what is there.

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk