On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 05:25:25 EDT, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In a message dated 08/07/2003 10:16:25 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Thanks.
However the temp array wouldn't survive the exit from the proc/fn and, moreover, I would have to redim each array specifically instead of just calling a general function.

If you use a DIM statement (instead of LOCal), the temp array would survive the exit :-)

I agree the problem with redimensioning each array is a pain though !!

Any other ideas??

Hmmm we should ask Simon Goodwin? :-) (Now that's an idea...)

Seriously, Simon has tackled the issue in the past IIRC and as always came up with an ingenious solution but I'll be damned if I could find the article where he describes it.

-- Phoebus Dokos - Undergrad in MIS Eberly College of Business - Indiana U. of PA