----- Original Message -----
From: "Dilwyn Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ql-users] RWAP Software / Quantum Leap Software news

> Geoff, at one stage I did have a Flemish word list or QTYP dictionary
> (I forget which). Would you like a copy of this to add to your range?
> I did ask someone in Belgium to look at it some time ago, but I have
> completely forgotten what the outcome was. I'm not sure what the
> differences between Flemish and Dutch are, but I'm sure someone like
> Francois would be able to tell us.
>
> If you'd like a copy, I'll see if I can dig it out. Hope I haven't
> erased it!

We've had this conversation before - about 2 years ago I think.

There are very few differences between Flemish and Dutch. I once did some
work for a market research company who insisted there should be separate
Dutch and Flemish questionnaires for a survey. In 32 pages there were only
10 minor differences and in my opinion the Flemish was just improved Dutch.

The big difference between the two is accent. The Dutch claim the Flemish
are impossible to understand and the Flemish the Dutch. A bit like a
confrontation between a Geordie and a Cockney. (Or even better a native of
Edinburgh and a native of Glasgow!)

I think I have a copy of the dictionary you have. It was a brave effort, but
full of mistakes. Also written before a major spelling revision. It has been
corrected and incorporated into my Dutch dictionary. If you find a copy, its
best to wipe it,

Best wishes,
Geoff Wicks.

      • ... Franc,ois Van Emelen