In a message dated 26/10/03 20:52:57 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Sorry for being such a pain, but I have some further questions:

How do I position a PE window accurately? Problem is, I want to create a
button, to go into the button frame. Im hoping to use a standard Window
Definition with a single Loose Item. If I use a window with a border width
of 1 and then use wm.prpos, my button overlaps part of the adjacent button.
(This occurs even when my button's x-origen is divisible by 4). If I use a
borderless window, ie border width 0, there is no problem, except as below:

In certain circumstances, I want to be able to liberate the button from the
Button Frame and then, after doing whatever to it, put it back again
(automatically, ie not using wm.chwin). wm.prpos makes it jump all over
the place!

Ive spent ages trying various alternatives. Please help!

Per
Have a look at both TurboPTR and CPTR. There are examples there of an easy way of "buttonising" a program both when there is and when there isn't a button frame. The contents of the button can be text, sprite or blob/pattern. If there is no button frame, the button can be moved using the left mouse key.

The programs are on the SQLUG site.

George