In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
The 1430 is particularly good value from www.novatech.co.uk at £118 or
so including VAT.
It is 117.30 at Novatech

and at

www.hamiltone.co.uk

it is 113.50

Really, Tony, you not always sling money at these big organisations.

I don't have them connected direct to DOS (or QL) so can't be 100% sure
that the windows driver is not converting.  Does anyone have one set up
outside windows to test?
Do you mean in the garden?
If not I will try with a QL.

On a more serious note the Kyocera FS-1010 has a similar emulation (although it is a little more expensive) but when you print it does have a few oddities. I would be interested to find out if Brother handles the emulation any better. If past experience is anything to go by then it should because Steve Hall used a Brother printer with his QL for years.

There is also the Epson EPL-6200 (B&W laser) which is also a bit expensive but has ESC/P2.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.