Hi Oliver,
I have verified that SQLite3 is installed. I have also found an
installed package that is named libqt4-sql-sqlite (SQLite3 database
drive for QT4): is it the plugin you were talking about?
The "pathGeoDB" is pointing to my home directory, while it should point
to...?
I have forgotten to mention that I have no problems with vector maps.
Many thanks,

Corrado