At 13:11 +0100 11-05-2004, Alizian wrote:
Hi,

Apologies from a newbie. My sysadmin has quit and I'd like to be able
inhibit sending out "virus found" messages, whether spurious or not. Is this
easy? I note from the list that silent-viruses-array is used to do this for
known viruses/worms, is this the way forward or is there a blanket command
that's better to use?

TIA

Stephen

Edit /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl and change the folliwing variable:

#Addresses that should be alerted of any quarantined Email
my $NOTIFY_ADDRS='psender,nmlvadm';

To read only:

my $NOTIFY_ADDRS='nmlvadm';

Suposing your using version 1.21 or 1.22

Cheers

Salvatore