On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 05:59:58PM -0700, Sean Kennedy wrote:
> Hi folks, I run spamd over pipes instead of tcp ( non-trivial speed
> increase doing it this way ).  However, it seems ./configure doesn't
> know how to handle this, as when I've run it, I've gotten the error
> message stating that something like spamd was found, but it didn't
> return the appropriate data.

I don't consider this to be a Q-S problem - more of a lack of a feature in
SpamAssassin. Q-S cannot "magically" discover if there is a spamd running
that needs to be talked to via sockets instead of TCP - well, at least not
easily/cross-platform...

Please report this as a feature request to SA - I'm with you - I'd rather
use sockets too. I think SA could do with a default config file - say
/etc/spamassassin.conf - such features as sockets vs TCP could be set in
there and would need to affect both spamd and spamc...

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417