hi,

max wrote:
> I cant stop it from relaying. I read something in the documentation, and
it
> mentioned some variable named $RELAYCLIENT, but i have no clue where that
> variable is. Is my assumption correct, anyway? Is that var the only thing
> have to change to stop relaying?

put domains you want to receive mails for into ~/qmail/controls/rcpthosts
and magicaly qmail will stop to relay.
and now what with clients who want to send mail to other domains in the
internet? here is the point $RELAYCLIENT appears. assuming you start
qmail-smtpd with tcpserver, you have to put the ip's of your clients to
/etc/smtp.tcp. e.g.:

127.0.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.16.10.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

convert them with tcprules and call tcpserver with arg -x
/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb.
man tcpserver and man tcprules will help. i also would suggest
dave sill's excelent "life with qmail" for reading
 http://web.infoave.net/~dsill/lwq.html

;) a