"Neil Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am doing another qmail install and this time I have a /supervise directory
>for dnscache, so I thought it would make sense to run qmail from there, I am
>following lwq (most of the time). So I was wondering if anyone had already
>adapted the lwq start up script to do this, and is it a case of instead of
>starting supervise in /var/qmail/supervise linking that folder to
>/supervise? and then removing the link to stop

Assuming you're running svscan on /service (not /supervise) already,
e.g. from inittab, you could change the "start" section in the script
to:

    echo -n "Starting qmail"
    ln -s /var/qmail/supervise/* /service
    echo "."
    ;;

And the "stop" section to:

    echo -n "Stopping qmail: qmail-send qmail-smtpd"
    svc -dx /service/qmail-send /service/qmail-smtpd
    echo -n " logging"
    svc -dx /service/qmail-send/log /service/qmail-smtpd/log
    echo "."
    ;;

And replace /var/qmail/supervise with /service in the rest of the
script.

-Dave