What I want to do is add the X-Envelope-To: to every email sent to my
virtual domain. Then I can have pullmail just look at the X-Envelope-To:
field and fix receiving mail sent to
mailing lists.

This is what I've done to my .qmail files:

In .qmail-default

|(echo "X-Envelope-To: $DEFAULT@$HOST"; cat) | qmail-inject -f "$SENDER"
-- user-finaldelivery

(Above is all on one line)

In .qmail-finaldelivery:

./Maildir/

When all this is done, I get the following error message:

delivery 48: deferral: qmail-spawn_unable_to_open_message._(#4.3.0)/

I've also tried the following variations:

Put everything in .qmail-default and leave off the --
user-defaultdelivery. That fails with
same error message.

Use Apparently-To: in place of X-Envelope-To: but that caused some nasty
loops to happen!! One message got sent over 1000 times before I could
clear the queue.

        Can someone point out the error of my ways??

Thanks!

.mark

"Windows 95/98 /n./ 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of
competition."

use Disclaimer;
my $opinion_only;