John Conover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As a matter of policy, is it reasonable to reject messages that fail a
> reverse DNS lookup on HELO's FQDN/authentication?
>
> Good idea?
>
> Fascist idea?
>
> Opinions pls.

Do you relay for users running POP clients who send their outbound
through you via smtp?  Do you control the reverse DNS on the IPs they
come in from?  If "yes" and "no", then it's definitely a bad idea.

(I'm assuming you're considering requiring only *some* reverse DNS,
not one that matches what they HELO as?)
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/