On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:06:37AM -0500, Dave Sill wrote:
> Mate Wierdl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Apparently with large mailinglists the bigtodo patch is needed.
>
> big-concurrency, perhaps. big-todo is usually only necessary on
> systems that handle *lots* of messages.

On the ezmlm list somebody asked if he needed the bigtodo patch if he
is to set up 15 lists with 50K subscribers each, and the lists get
exactly one message/day.  I would have thought, no since my P120 box
handles 180K messages a day with no noticable problem.  But Russ said
15x50K is hard on a normal qmail queue.

> Are you trying select the most popular MTA or the best MTA for the
> job?

I am not trying to select; just asking for info.

In user friendliness (extension addresses [hence ezmlm support],
syntaxless small config files), nothing beats qmail, so postfix is not
a candidate for me. But it seemed that some people out there expressed
concerns about qmail's scalability, and, not being in the loop, I
wanted to know if their concerns are justified.

Mate