Speaking as someone who has just done this, Jake and crew have done a great
job on the toaster and the backup/restore scripts. There were only a few
minor things I needed to do to make it work:

#1 - make sure you make any major config changes before restoring; for me
this meant unhooking qmail-dk as the qmail-queue component, enabling
vpopmail roaming users, and adding the CHKUSER variable that allows me to
disable CHKUSER completely (I'm behind another spam box)

#2 - confirm you are up to date on your packages; I installed from the
QMTISO, and it took care of this wonderfully

#3 - change your mysql root password if necessary

#4 - make sure your firewall is ready to go; I thought the QMTISO was
supposed to set up a basic firewall, but I had no firewall after completion
of my install; I have an iptables script I run anyway, so I used that

Once your groundwork is laid, there were a few quirks I ran into  with the
backup restore process. I would HIGHLY recommend you run through it a few
times to be sure you have it down. Once I had done that, I was able to
disable inbound access, run the backup, copy it to my new server and restore
it in a matter of hours.

I ran qtp-backup with no changes; it placed my backup in /backup/qmailbackup
named as Jake mentioned.

For qtp-restore, I made the following changes. NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON
DOWNLOADING QTP-BACKUP BUT USING THE QTP-RESTORE THAT CAME WITH THE QMTISO;
CONFIRM WHETHER YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE CHANGES OR NOT AS UPDATES MAY HAVE
BEEN MADE TO THE SCRIPT:

#1 - changed mysql root password in the qtp-restore script; this is in an
obvious spot toward the top

#2 - around line 121, you need to change *-qmailadminpassword.tar.bz2 to
*-qmailadminpasswd.tar.bz2 (this is to match what the backup script creates)

#3 - around line 109, there is an if/then/else statement that caused
problems for me; I added a colon between the else and fi statements
(http://www.mail-archive.com/qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com/msg13600.htm
l) so it looks like:
else
  :
fi

after that it all came up just fine! I was able to change IP's, open my
firewall to allow inbound connections, and it worked fine!