for webmail (I assume you are using squirrelmail) you can install vlogin plugin
http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=47

for a simple configuration.. you can setup a squirrelmail working on several domain like this
webmail.mycompany.com
webmail.myholding.com
webmail.mystore.com

and users of those domains only need entering their username, not full emailaddress

Istvan Kope wrote:
... and this is the same setting for the POP3 authentication and Webmail authentication?

Istvan
davide bozzelli wrote:
Istvan Kope ha scritto:
Please tell what do I have to set to be able to authenticate(POP3 or
Webmail) without specifying the domain name.
I tried the envnoathost in /var/qmail/control , but it had no effect.
This is a task for vpopmail , not qmail daemons .

create a file called defautdomain in /home/vpopmail/etc and put in here your (of course) default domain .

Naturally you could'nt expect to do this trick for many domains, only for one .