Hi Jim,

> I think I found it:
>
> APPLICATION_OPTIMIZE_STRINGS = false
> APPLICATION_OPTIMIZE_VARIABLES = false

Yes these settings do disable the optimizations.
But just out of curiosity: What kind of problems are you experiencing?

I ask, because with the APPLICATION_OPTIMIZE_STRINGS setting turned on I never
experienced any problems...or did I ? ;)
The APPLICATION_OPTIMIZE_VARIABLES setting can be "dangerous" if you use the
"eval()" ...which you should avoid as often as you can (see discussion below).

/Peter

> also, for anyone else looking for MAKE info, check out the Wiki at:
>
> http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/user_manual/application_mk
>
> Jim
> www.D4PHP.org
> www.D4PHP-Hosting.com
>

> On 5/8/07, Jim Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> These changes worked for that piece of code. But I am running into many
>> other places where optimization is causing issues. Is there a setting
>> I can
>> provide that will NOT optimize the code? I am just making a beta
>> version so
>> I don't care if it's not as small or 'tight' as I can get it, I just want
>> all my code in one file. I searched the archives but didn't find it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for the assistance on this.
>>
>> Jim

>> qx.ui.tree.TreeFile(newValues[x][y])');

>> > 'y' by
>> > [0][0]):

>> > about this
>> > prevent this.
>> > optimizer to not
>> 'y's
>> > would be
>> > >

>> > Yes it't the local variable optimizer, which breaks your code. Since
>> the
>> > generator is not able to evaluate the string in the eval statement it
>> > does not rename those variables. In most cases evals like the one you
>> > use can be replaced by equivalent JavaSctipt code. You can rewrite your
>> > code like this:
>> >
>> > before:
>> > ->            eval('var f_' + x + '_' + y + ' = new
>> > qx.ui.tree.TreeFile(newValues[x][y])');
>> >             if (indx == current)
>> >             {
>> >               currentTreeItem = eval('f_' + x + '_' + y);
>> >             }
>> >

>> > after:
>> >     var treeItems = {};
>> >     treeItems['f_' + x + '_' + y] = new
>> > qx.ui.tree.TreeFile(newValues[x][y]);
>> >     {
>> >        currentTreeItem = treeItems['f_' + x + '_' + y];
>> >     }
>> >

>> > This will not only make the variable optimizer happy, it is also much
>> > faster than the old code and errors can be detected more easily.
>> >
>> > Hope this helps,
>> > Best Fabian

> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Peter Schneider | TIS GmbH | Software-Entwickler
Barloer Weg 188-190 | D-46397 Bocholt
fon: +49 2871 2722-0 | fax: +49 2871 2722-99
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.tis-gmbh.de