Hi Christian and Daniel,

thanks for the reply.

<From: Christian Schmidt>
> you can find the JavaScript type checks in "qx.lang.Type" and the DOM
> type checks in "qx.dom.Node".

The "qx.lang.Type" type checks were known to me. What I was more interested in
were the more elaborated tests like "isValidStringOrNumber"... But I can write
my own static checks.

<From: Daniel Wagner>
> perhaps you can Assertions[1] instead? I guess they're not as nice to
> use since they throw exceptions instead of just returning false if the
> validation fails. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Assertions might be an alternative, but as you mentioned, they're not that nice
to use.

Nevertheless, I would like to know if there is a reason why these were
"dropped"?...If there is any reason at all...I'm just curious ;)

In the meantime I will "steal" some of those nice (über-)methods from 0.7.x
legacy branch and make my own "app.lang.Validation" namespace/class. ;)

Thanks again,
  Peter