> Hi Peter,
> [...]

Hi Alex,

we still have mayor problems with gmane (don't know if it's on our side...) so
sorry about my *late* reply.

I've tried your suggestions and I'm getting closer :-D
Although there are still some mysteries to solve for me.

Here's one for example:
When my class is derived from "qx.ui.embed.Html", the inserted HTML does
contain much more than I'd expected...(see attachment)
I wonder where those <a> elements came from. I will try to derive my class from
"qx.ui.core.Widget" like "qx.ui.embed.Html" does, so my class will become a
'look-alike'.
I mean they are both derived from the same parent class. Maybe that was meant
by you when you wrote:
> [...] You can use the class "qx.ui.embed.Html" as your base class and
> customize it. [...]
I will come back whenever I've more information about the outcome.

> [...]
>> I would like to add the HTML-Element somewhere "near the root" of the
>> DOM-tree (direct after <body> or before </body> would be nice) but that's
>> not so important. Any tip on how to do this the clever way? I think I will
>> look and "steal" some ideas from popup namespace classes.
> Is is really important where in the DOM the nodes are added?

It's not really important; they are just easier to find that way ;)

> [...]
>
> cheers,
>   Alex
Cheers,
  Peter
position: absolute; z-index: 10; outline-color: -moz-use-text-color;
outline-style: none; outline-width: medium; -moz-user-select: text; color:
rgb(26, 26, 26); font-family: Tahoma,"Liberation Sans",Arial,sans-serif;
font-size: 11px; line-height: 1.4; width: 100px; height: 50px;'>
  <embed hidden="true" autostart="true" loop="false"
src="../source/resource/infodesk/sound/mail_1.mp3" id="1hj" style="height:
0pt;"/>
  <a
href="http://localhost/infoDesk20/frontend/source/resource/infodesk/sound/mail_1.mp3";
 class="rcthfadaoycoyhcccojr"/>