On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Ask Bjørn Hansen <a...@develooper.com> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2009, at 10:15, GG Noris wrote:
>
>> is possible with the plugin greylisting check, for the remote_ip, only
>> for the /24 or C class of the IP ( aaa.bbb.ccc )?
>
> Not by default.  It shouldn't be too hard to add a "mask" feature though
> (I'd recommend making it generic-ish, so you just specify the number of bits
> to include...).
>
> As a shorter term solution you might be able to just disable using
> "remote_ip" at all - by default it uses sender and recipient addresses, too.

I assume that you are trying to deal with large email server farms
like gmail or yahoo? Class C is probably not enough in those cases,
and maintaining a whitelist is annoying, so I've found that an even
better solution is to not greylist hosts with good SPF records. Once I
did that, I found that not much spam was even getting to the
greylisting plugin, so i stopped using it altogether.

allan