On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 9:18 AM, David Favor <da...@davidfavor.com> wrote:

> I host many domains and I'd like to protect them all
> against backscatter

I wrote a plugin to create VERP variable envelope return path
addresses for each and every message passing through my forwarding
system, kept track of in a little database and expired after three
weeks.  Anything coming from <> that isn't to a recognized verp
address hits the floor.  Overkill? Doesn't require parsing possibly
not-included message headers.  Requires storage space to keep the VERP
table, essentially one line for each message for however long you want
the verp addresses to be good.