William Ove <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I picked up a few of these. They are model #62360. They appear to be
> working fine, but I have been unable to either find a driver for them
> or any information about the dip switch settings for them. I am left
> handed and having a two button input device that is configured for
> right handers is difficult to use.
>
> If anyone has any information about there track balls, I can most
> likely put it to good use. I assume these would work well with the
> Quadras. I have never been able to locate 68k drivers for their V5 4
> button trackballs.

Hi Bill,

On my Quadra, I use Kensington MouseWorks v5.02 (dated 1997). The
software supports all the Kensington ADB pointing devices + some
third-party ones and, among other things, allow to re-assign the
buttons. I use it in conjunction with ordinary mouse, so I haven't
tested reassignment, though. As graphical Control Panel shows, it can
handle up to four buttons, and in addition, simultaneously pressed two
buttons are treated as separate event. It works on 68k machines running
system 7.x or higher.

Distribution SIT file is about 800k; let me know if you're interested.

WBR,
Artur