Hi

I've never had a Performa 637CD to play with, but I have messed about with a few 630s, replacing the slide out logic boards with those from 5500/6500 Power PCs. If I remember correctly, this'll give you access to a PCI slot but you'd also need a one slot riser to rotate
the card through ninety degrees.

The downside is that your 72 pin ram won't work - you need 5v 168 pin sticks. To speed
things up more, you could also fit in a level 2 cache card.

I only ever fitted ethernet cards, so can't say for a fact if a USB card would work properly.

This must have been two or three years ago and might be a cheaper proposition today.

Using OS9 Helper, it was possible to get 9.2.2 running quite happily on the upgraded 630s.

The experts on the list may be aware of restrictions due to power supplies and so on with
your particular machine.

Hope this helps.

David