Thomas,

I checked the Screensaver in 10.12.4 and encounter the same problem: Published
input keys are not presented in the Screen Saver-Option UI.

However: There are macOS native screen savers that are created in QC and they
work! I poked around with them, added my own input splitter and this new input
splitter isn’t displayed at all, but the ones that where working are still
displayed. So I am a bit puzzled where in the QC file is the difference between
the already published keys that are working and the new published keys that
aren’t. I dig a bit into the QC file with Xcode (rename the file to .plist and
Xcode will show you the xml content) but unfortunately I wasn’t able to figure
out where this extra information is stored. I believe its in the rootPatch >
state > userInfo data blob. The data blob is actually Base64 encoded so you can
decode it but I couldn’t make sense of it (looks like an binary representation
of a NSDictionary thought).

I recommend filing a bug at Apple.

Achim