taran1s:
> - TB opens up in disp-VM whonix-ws-15-disp.

In a VM named like disp1234 though, right?

> The welcome page is not Whonix Welcome Page as normally when I open
> the TB in the disp VM directly, but instead it opens up the About
> Tor welcome page. Is this intended?

Yes, so far so good.

I've configured about:tor as the homepage, because Tor Browser has
been plagued by a bunch of obscure bugs on first startup (which should
be every startup for DisposableVMs) when it's blank or a file:// URL.

> - TB opens up in the Security Level: Standard, instead of Safest, as
> mentioned in the name of the link (Split Browser (TB Security level:
> Safest). [...]
>
> - once I close the TB, the disp VM remains active and needs to be
> stopped manually.

Those two are strange. Anything interesting in 'sudo journalctl' on
the DisposableVM?

> - At the end, if I save a bookmark in the disp VM TB, launched from
> the surfer VM, the bookmark doesnt survive the killing of the disp
> VM and is not available from the another disp VM launched from the
> surfer VM.

Did you use the hotkeys? Ctrl-d to save a persistent bookmark, and
Alt-b to open the persistent bookmarks list. Other methods (like
clicking the star outline in the address bar, etc.) unfortunately
won't work.

> This behavior is the same if I execute split-browser in the
> terminal, or through the GUI as Split Browser or as Split Browser
> (TB Security level: Safest).

So 'split-browser --safest' also opens up on Standard?

Hmm, maybe try with a freshly created DisposableVM template instead of
whonix-ws-15-disp? I'm definitely interested in debugging this.

Rusty