On 26/06/2021 07:58, Derek Barnes wrote:
Thanks David.
sudo yum remove chrony        gets rid of chrony and 62 dependencies  but sudo
install ntp fails.  (Error: Unable to find a match: ntp)
I believe /assume that there is no ntp packages in the centos8 repositories.
Can my installation be forced to use a different repository such as centos7  ??

I don't know Centos8, but my immediate reaction is:

  "If it doesn't support NTP, don't touch it".

OK, a bit extreme, but NTP works on all my other devices (Linux, Raspberry Pi, Windows, and even some stand-alone devices).

One of my issues with Linux is that there are too many incompatible versions!
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu