It seems likely the OP has moved on to other problems, but another solution
that should work occurs to me. To control the local IP address used for
communication with upstream servers, two NTPD instances could be used on
the same host.

One instance would be configured to operate on a non-standard port, say
1123. That instance would be configured to use only the stable IP address.
Unfortunately, the reference implementation NTPD does not allow configuring
the port it uses. Apparently both crony and openntpd do allow configuring
the listening port. So you could hack on the reference implementation
source code to build a version that uses the alternate port or use one of
the alternative implementations.

The second instance would be configured to use all addresses, including the
manycast addresses it's sole upstream source would be localhost specifying
the alternate port after a colon, e.g. 127.0.0.1:1123.  Although I have not
tested it, I am pretty sure the reference implementation support specifying
the port for its servers.

This would of course increase the stratum of public facing instance but it
would not noticeably increase its error budget.

Cheers,
Dave Hart