Hi,
We are currently using symmetric key with NTPD V4.2.8 for our time
synchronization needs, and we have encountered some confusion
regarding the size and format of symmetric keys stored in
/etc/ntp/keys/ntp.keys.

Specifically, we are seeking clarification on the following points:

The size and format of symmetric keys when employing various hash
algorithms such as MD5, SHA, SHA1, SHA253,  AES, and others.
Whether it is possible to use ASCII representation for symmetric keys,
regardless of the chosen hash algorithm.
At what key size it becomes necessary to switch from ASCII
representation to hexadecimal representation.
Additionally, we would like to inquire if there is a reference
document available that provides in-depth explanations on these
topics. Having such a resource would greatly assist us in
understanding and configuring our NTP setup correctly.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Samir MOUHOUNE

--

*Cordialement,*